Canadian Association of Gift Planners (“CAGP”) COVID-19 Policy
The 2019 Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19 is an extremely contagious virus that spreads easily through person-to-person contact and can cause serious illness, long-term health complications, and/or death. Symptoms of COVID-19 include fever, cough, loss of taste or smell, and shortness of breath, among others.
CAGP is committed to providing a safe experience for all our delegates when attending a CAGP event. We prioritize the health, safety and social well-being of all delegates, guests, sponsors, speakers, volunteers, and staff. We continue to monitor guidance from Public Health for regulations and guidelines.
CAGP will continue to monitor the Public Health orders and instructions with respect to the Annual Conference and will communicate any and all updates with registered delegates. We have also implemented the following safety measures for all CAGP events:
- All delegates must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. “Fully vaccinated” means that a participant has received a full series of a vaccine that is authorized by Health Canada, or any combination of such vaccines, and that a minimum of 14 days have passed since they received their final COVID-19 vaccination.
- Upon request, all delegates must show event organizers proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19. This proof must be in a form approved by a provincial Public Health authority.
- If a delegate is unable to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19, they must show proof of medical exemption. Acceptable proof of medical exemption varies by province. Delegates are responsible for ensuring that their proof of medical exemption complies with Public Health requirements in the province where the event is being held.
Public Health Compliance
- All delegates are asked to review the Public Health authority information that is applicable in their home province, and in the province where the event is being held, before attending any CAGP event. Each delegate is responsible for their own health and safety and must ensure that they comply with the appropriate Public Health requirements. The latest information from Public Health authorities in each province is available online.
- No delegate may attend a CAGP event if they are experiencing any symptoms of COVID-19, if they have an active case of COVID-19 at the time of a CAGP event, or if they have been directed to self-isolate by a Public Health authority.
Number of Delegates
- CAGP will limit registration to ensure that local Public Health requirements for physical distancing can be maintained
- Event meeting spaces will be set to ensure that local Public Health requirements for physical distancing can be maintained. Networking opportunities will also allow for physical distancing.
- CAGP will enforce masking requirements in accordance with applicable local Public Health requirements
- CAGP will work with the event venue to ensure there are hand sanitizer stations throughout the meeting spaces for delegates.
No contact greetings
- CAGP recommends waves and elbow bumps at this time.
Event scheduled food and beverage
- CAGP will be working with the event venue to create a safe eating experience for all delegates.
As the situation changes, CAGP will continue to review and modify these precautions, and may choose to eliminate some safety measures if it is safe to do so.
November 10, 2021 – #4160-5892-3570l
Canadian Association of Gift Planners (“CAGP”) COVID-19 General Waiver and Release
To: Canadian Association of Gift Planners, its officers, directors, employees, agents,
successors, assigns, volunteers, and representatives (the “Releasees”).
Re: COVID-19 General Waiver and Release (the “Release”)
I acknowledge and accept that there is a risk that I could be exposed to and/or contract COVID-19 while attending CAGP’s 28th National Conference in Halifax June 13-17, 2022 (the “Event”).
In consideration of my participation in the Event, I knowingly and freely assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19, even if such risk arises from the negligence or fault of the Releasees.
I voluntarily agree to assume all of the risks and accept sole responsibility for any injury, illness, damage, loss or expense that I may experience or incur if I am exposed to COVID-19 while participating at the Event.
I hereby expressly waive and release any and all claims which I have or may in the future have against the Releasees, on account of injury, illness, disability, death, or property damage arising out of or attributable to my participation in the Event due to exposure to COVID-19. This includes, without limitation, the negligence or breach of any statutory or other duty of care of the Releasees.
I covenant and agree that I shall not make or bring any such claim against the Releasees, and forever release and discharge the Releasees from liability under such claims. This includes, but is not limited to, lost income, the cost of additional nights of accommodation, or the cost of changes to my travel plans, which may arise if I have to self-isolate due to exposure to COVID-19.
If I endanger or expose other Event participants to COVID-19 by: attending the Event while I am exhibiting signs and symptoms of COVID-19; or, while I am subject to an order from a Public Health authority to self-isolate; or, misrepresenting my vaccination status to the Releasees; or, failing to follow applicable Public Health requirements while attending the Event, I shall defend,
indemnify and hold harmless the Releasees against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including reasonable legal fees, in connection with any third-party claim, suit, action or proceeding that may arise as the result of my actions.
This Release is binding on and shall enure to the benefit of the Releasees and me and our respective heirs, executors, administrators, trustees, legal and personal representatives, successors and assigns.
I acknowledge that I have carefully read and understood all of the terms of this Release and that I am voluntarily waiving substantial legal rights including the right to sue the Releasees in the event that I am exposed to COVID-19 while attending the Event.
As lawful consideration for being permitted by CAGP to participate in the Event, I agree to all the terms and conditions set forth in this Release.